Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"I Can Fly"

tinkerbell colors but for bathroom.  waterfall main color and springtime accent.  Check out how I painted my virtual room on the Disney Room Painter!




I love to travel. I like being surrounded by strangers and strange places. I like to learn the history or fill in the blank spaces of the stories myself. I like people watching so the airport is the promised land. With all the people rushing around there is so much to think about. I like thinking about where they're going. What are these peoples stories, their pasts, and futures? The guy in the suit talking on the phone hurriedly. The mom yelling at her kids to quit lollygagging as they knock their suitcases into each other. The family speaking to one another in a language that is foreign to me. It's easy to forget your own life and problems when you can focus on others or imagine stories. I also just simply like the thought of being somewhere different. I like being places where no one knows me. Sometimes when I see an airplane in the sky I feel my heart sink and a gnawing, longing feeling to be on an airplane too.

1 comment:

  1. I am a people watcher, too, and you're right--the airport provides endless opportunities for doing so. I hope you get to travel all over this great big world in your lifetime...

    ReplyDelete