Friday, March 20, 2015

Art Walk

I couldn't find the piece I had online so this is a painting that was painted with coffee since that's what the original one reminded me of.

I used to hate coffee. I never understood why people thought it tasted good. I probably swore a thousand times I would never like coffee. But here I am. Most of the times when I feel truly happy is when I drink coffee with my friend Maynard. I'm very talkative and she is too. We are very similar. When we are together we are usually drinking coffee. Our favorite place to go is Classic Rock Coffee. We think it's funny because usually the other people there are dads or people in their 40's.

The thing I liked about the original painting I had looked at was that it looked like an accident. It looked maybe someone spilled their coffee and said "hey that's cool". It was kind of comforting to look at because it wasn't perfect and sometimes the colors overlapped. I guess a better way to phrase it would be to say it made me feel relieved. Yes it was messy. No it wasn't perfect but it was nice and it was art. It doesn't have to be perfectly and masterfully executed. That's life.

1 comment:

  1. I believe I know this talkative Maynard you speak of... : ) I saw coffee and coffee filters in that piece, too.

    ReplyDelete