Thursday, March 26, 2015

Sculpture

Photo © Ervin Loránth Hervé 
I chose the sculpture "Popped Up" by Hungarian artist Ervin Loránth Hervé. This sculpture is located in Budapest. The thing popping out of the ground is an ogre. I like it because it incorporates the land around it. I also like how it proved some shade. I think its a really cool concept of having it look like hes pulling up the ground. It kind of makes you forget that he is actually above ground and not pulling the ground up. I also like how it involves a sort of fantasy theme.

2 comments:

  1. Good and well structured. Thanks for picking the piece because I find it interesting and never knew it was out there. Its something im now curious about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome piece! How cool would it be to see that in person.

    ReplyDelete