Monday, March 2, 2015

In the News(papers)



"Equal Justice Under Law"

Yeah... if you're a middle class white male. Sometimes I tend to be a little "down with the man-ish." I think that the justice system is rigged to work in favor of those who have money. 


Dreams Change
I saw this and laughed out loud. I thought it was so funny because these were my aspirations in life at one point. When I was younger I was so positive that I would have THE coolest checks ever. I was so convinced that I would have super cool cartoon checks or kittens or something. My dreams haven't come true yet. I have plain checks. Actually they might be purple. I don't ever have a reason to use them.

The Berenstein Bear Family
The Berenstein Bear family had always been a public figure. The books based off of their life had thrown them out of their regular bear life of cave life and into a mansion worth millions of dollars and an abundance of wealth. One day the whole entire family left a high profile restaurant with spaghetti stains all over their clothes. The paparazzi jumped on this opportunity immediately and all the headlines were calling them the BerenSTAIN Bears. The bears were very embarrassed.

This story was inspired my recent realization that the family's name is actually the Berenstain bears... not the Berenstein.

I found this article really interesting. A 70 year old woman had written into a newspaper about the relationship problems she was having at the time. I thought it was so funny (for lack of a better word) that this lady was having relationship problems. This lady was still putting herself out there and dating. I also liked the Journalists advice about the emotional abuse she was being put through. I understand the confusion that comes along with being psychologically/emotionally manipulated. It is very hard to identify the problem and you are often being left feeling like it's your fault. It is not.



1 comment:

  1. I will have you know that for many years I have used Hello Kitty checks. So dreams really do come true, kids. : )

    My sisters and I had the whole Berenstain Bears collection--and I still would not have spelled that name that way (or said it that way). We loved those stories.

    ReplyDelete