Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Writers Dreaming Angelou Response

2) I like to be optimistic and believe the best in people. I have been accused of looking at the world through rose colored glasses. Maybe this is true but I like to believe that I also see the truth in things too. I do realize that the world is fucked up but I also believe that things can get better. So yes. I do believe in the universal human power to triumph over adversity. I believe that everyone starts out good. I believe that through proper education the world can be smarter and more humane.

3) yes and no. I believe that talking about things does give them power. It can start a hurricane and change everything. I also believe it is unhealthy to keep bad emotions inside, which happens to be my worst habit. I often find this stuff consuming me and giving me anxiety and taking over all the corners of my mind. I don't like talking about them but not for the same reason as Maya. I don't like talking about my problems. I don't like people taking pity on me or giving people the ability to tell other people my problems. I ultimately don't trust anyone at all. Except my dog. Which is a problem.

5) When I first heard this I thought immediately "HOW COULD ANYONE EVER DO THIS EVER???" but I went to bed the night after the video and thought about it. I think I could do it. I'm very social but sometimes I feel it is forced because if I could stay and read in my room forever and I'd be fine. If I didn't have to force myself to make small talk ever again I think I'd be ok. I love listening to other people. I love hearing opinions and thoughts. I have found the longer you stay quiet while people are talking the more their true thoughts accidentally spill out. But then again no. I am a very opinionated girl. I like speaking out against problems and making people laugh and i have so many questions bobbing around in my head. If I could raise my hand to ask a question every 2 seconds in class I probably would. So who knows.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are so curious and inquisitive...and it's sweet that your dog is your confidante. I also find myself believing the best about people--I think it's a generous way to see the world and generosity is very important to me.

    ReplyDelete